We here at Overnight Prints pride ourselves on not only our print quality and on-time delivery, but also our unparalleled devotion to environmentally safe practices. Besides using eco-friendly paper, Overnight Prints is also the only major online printing company that uses waterless printing presses, which dramatically cut down on waste and toxins. Being as how sustainability is a particular concern for us here at OvernightPrints.com, I thought I’d share a few, very feasible tips on how to show your own appreciation for our environment (aside from hugging trees, of course).
- Recycle. Most of us recycle our cans and glass bottles, but many other materials in our homes are recyclable, including paper, and almost all types of plastic. To find out whether the plastic can be recycled, look for the plastic identification code on the bottom or the side.
- Conserve water. The majority of water waste in a household results from improper watering of lawns. Make sure you’re watering the grass and not the sidewalk, and get a rain barrel to reserve rainwater.
- Plant a tree! You can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and reduce energy costs for your home (more trees = less energy wasted for air conditioning). Not only will you help make your urban dwelling more beautiful and green, but you’ll be creating a natural habitat for other creatures.
- Ride your bike or use public transportation.
- Switch your lightbulbs to CFLs and purchase energy-efficient appliances.
- Shop at your local Farmer’s Market and support your local economy.
- Repurpose everything you possibly can. Use discarded paper as scrap paper and order recycled promotional pieces from your favorite recycle-friendly online printer.