Harness the Power of National Optimism Month for your Small Business
It’s time to celebrate and use positive thinking to your advantage both personally and professionally.
As a small business owner, there are a number of simple strategies you can employ to empower yourself, your employees, and your customers.
30 Day Optimism Challenge
Pick at least one item from the following list. Incorporate it at least once a week for the month of March and see what transpires.
- Sprinkle your business and home with positive sayings and quotes. Choose five favorites and post them throughout the month on your website and Facebook page.
- Create bookmarks with uplifting sayings, and give them to your customers to show appreciation. Mix and match them using 10 favorite quotes. Add images of beautiful scenery or photos of your company. Each time your customer looks at the bookmark, he/she will feel a little more optimistic, and think of you. It’s a win-win.
- Celebrate the Spring Equinox. Hold a special sale to celebrate the blossoms and births of the season. Promote it with brightly colored postcards or flyers.
- Write affirmations on pieces of note paper. Place on your mirror, dashboard, or computer. If you can’t come up with any, Google affirmations or try a site that lists creative affirmations.
- Challenge yourself to avoid saying anything negative-Take it a step further and look for the bright side of things. Tell others what’s great about being a small business owner, a spouse, parent, etc. You’ll feel happier and inspire people around you.
- March 17 is St. Patrick’s Day. Embrace the Great Spirit and optimism of the Irish culture with a discounted happy hour.
- Spread cheer to your customers and friends with colorful branded magnets. Create a bright colored background. In large, bold text, write “Smile-It’s National Optimism Month.”Or, add a quote from Dr. Seuss to your magnets. Surely everyone loves the Cat in the Hat! Make sure to include your phone number and website on the magnet. Read more on boosting sales with color.
- Find three things to be thankful for every day, and smile relentlessly. It may just sneak its way into a habit.
- Infuse your conversations with positive words and phrases and compliment those around you. The power of words can be profound.
How does your small business celebrate National Optimism Month?