How to Easily Design Business Holiday Cards
Greeting cards need to be custom designed, printed and mailed…and all before businesses close up shop for the holidays. To get your business holiday card printed and delivered before the new year, plan in advance and aim to send cards to customers and corporate partners right after Thanksgiving.
To be professional, make it personal – Yes, this sounds counterintuitive. The business holiday card IS intended to be a marketing piece, but don’t talk sales. Sending a heartfelt holiday greeting or wishing a happy new year actually shows your customers that they aren’t just another sales opportunity. This will, ironically, do the selling for you.
Make a list – Plan to order in bulk, but consider tailoring different messages to employees, customers, and investors and vendors. Personalize printed greeting cards to show appreciation for your workers, retain existing clients and foster deeper relationships with partners.
Keep track – Don’t wait until Christmas Day to see if your holiday cards performed well. Include a vanity URL to track how many recipients visited your website. For example, in place of www.overnightprints.com, point recipients to www.overnightprintsholidays.com to track the URL and redirect to your homepage or other landing page.
- If you have a company mascot, use it! Add a Santa hat to create an instant holiday campaign.
- For retail storefronts, take to Photoshop and add a snowy winter scene to capture the spirit of the holiday season.
- Design a card that looks like a wrapped gift if you’re planning on sending a gift voucher that can be redeemed in the new year for customer retention.
- Tie in your products or services when writing copy. For example, a transportation company can include a timely, relevant message: “We’re happy to get you home for the holidays.”
- Add a personal touch with a customized self-inking stamp for the holidays.
- Skip traditional red and green. Be sensitive of different traditions celebrated during the holiday season. Instead, use company colors in a neutral seasonal design to appeal to a larger audience.
- Don’t forget to match envelope and printable address labels with your design.
For more custom holiday print products, visit OvernightPrints.com/holiday