Even if you’re a die-hard fan of all things digital and staunch supporter of going paperless, you might not want to dismiss bookmarks so fast. With a little out-of-the-box thinking, bookmarks can actually be more useful than simply saving your page in the latest best-selling thriller.
Aside from paperback novels, custom designed bookmarks can also serve as a marketing piece or novel gift idea for retailers, marketers and as personal gifts.
Follow this simple 5-step guide to creating functional bookmarks:
- Step 1: Start by downloading a customizable online bookmark template, like on OvernightPrints.com. These free templates are pre-formatted for printing to make things easier.
- Step 2: Customize your design. Be sure to follow the template guides for the safe zone and bleed. Once your design is complete, place your order.
- Step 3: Get decorative rope or ribbon from a local craft store.
- Step 4: Using a one-hole punch, create a single hole at the top of your bookmark.
- Step 5: Thread the ribbon into a square knot (both ends through the hole, then through the loop). Beautiful!
Bookmarks as creative gifts
Get personal with custom bookmark gifts for major holidays and occasions.
- Gift tags: Use bookmarks as themed gift tags for special occasion gift-giving, such as birthdays, weddings, holidays and special ceremonies.
- Save-the-date: Remind guests about upcoming parties, weddings and other events by designing customized save-the-date bookmarks.
- Souvenirs: Custom bookmarks with scenic panoramic photos of famous landmarks, stunning nature scenes and local attractions are the perfect pocket-size gift.
- Holiday favors: Design bookmarks around upcoming holiday and give as gifts to avid readers, potential clients, relatives and school teachers.
- Birth announcement: Create personalized keepsakes to announce baby’s arrival. Include the newborn’s name, date of birth and birth information to share with family and friends.
- Personalized gifts: Make special gifts for friends and clients with a favorite quote, song lyric, memorable photo or your company tag line.
- Recipe cards: Great for foodies, share food recipes and cherished family dishes to be a hit in the kitchen.
Bookmarks as money-makers
Grow revenue with marketing bookmarks that attract business.
- Sellable art: Print paintings and drawings on bookmarks to raise money at arts & craft fairs or for fundraisers.
- Jewelry holder: Repurpose bookmarks as jewelry holders for earrings and bracelets to sell in store.
- Loyalty punch cards: Create customer loyalty or punch cards to encourage repeat business. Customers can also pass along the bookmark to share referral discounts.
- Hang tag: Design as a hang tag for clothing to list the price or description, and provide care instructions on the backside.
- Coupon: Use double-sided bookmarks as business cards to advertise your products or services with a promotional offer or special pricing.
- Social card: Drive traffic to your website with social cards listing all your social media platforms and handles.
- Marketing tool: Attract business with photographs of your business and products on marketing bookmarks.
- Event tickets: Bookmarks are an affordable alternative to custom ticket printing, and customers will walk away with a keepsake after the affair.
- Gate-fold Business Cards: Need eye-catching business cards for networking? Create your own gate-fold business cards using bookmarks.
- Download a template and design your bookmarks as if they were greeting cards.
- Split the template into two equal design spaces. Be sure to check for proper bi-fold orientation specs before finalizing your design.
- Fold the bookmark down the center to make a custom gate-fold business card.
Bookmarks to promote community events
Schools and libraries can use bookmarks to encourage reading, or inspire church attendance and participation in community events.
- Schools or libraries: Encourage kids to read by giving away colorfully designed bookmarks that feature favorite children’s authors or characters.
- Churches: Promote your organization with specialty bookmarks. Include bible verses, service times or inspiring quotes.
- Local organizations: Design bookmarks that showcase the unique aspects of the town or city. Incorporate photos of community events, restaurants and popular attractions.
Visit OvernightPrints.com to create custom bookmarks.